Features rare 70’s Japanese jazz-funk and latin-jazz tracks, scarcely known and never before issued outside of Japan.
DIGGERS DOZEN presents it’s first compilation on BBE Music selected by Japan’s DJ MURO - King Of Diggin'. This exciting new release offers 12 stunning Japanese jazz-funk and latin-jazz gems which fuse Japanese traditional musical instruments and traditional melodies. These recordings were produced during the 70's for Nippon Columbia by master composers and musicians of Japan’s jazz and latin scene, including Kiyoshi Yamaya, Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys, Kifu Mitsuhashi, Toshiyuki Miyama and more. It's original vinyl releases that these tracks featured on have become scarce and super rare for the Japanese collectors market and now these magnificent tracks are available outside of Japan for the first time on this killer compilation. The focus and selections made by MURO for this release is a continuation from his Wa Groove Mix “Nippon Breaks” released in 2020.
1. Fuke Jobutsu~ Part 1 Tohri (Edited by MURO) - Kiyoshi Yamaya & Contemporary Sound Orchestra
2. Osorezan (Edited by MURO) - Kiyoshi Yamaya & Contemporary Sound Orchestra
3. Souma Nagareyama - Kifu Mitsuhashi, Kiyoshi Yamaya
4. Tabaruzaka - Katsuya Yokoyama, The Million Pops
1. Seijinshiki aka Adult’s Day - Toshiyuki Miyama & His New Herd
2. Asadoya Yunta - Kifu Mitsuhashi, Kiyoshi Yamaya
1. Nanbu Ushioi Uta - Kifu Mitsuhashi, Kiyoshi Yamaya
2. Saitara Bushi - Kifu Mitsuhashi, Kiyoshi Yamaya
3. Soran Bushi - Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys
4. Hanagasa Odori - Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys
1. Sakura Sakura - Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys
2. Yagi Bushi - Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys